TOP TENN-IS TIPS
Life Lessons From the Court.
10. STAY GROUNDED. Some of the ex-cheerleaders I play with (not mentioning names :) like to jump erratically while hitting, performing stunts that rivaled the college years. DOES NOT WORK.
9. KEEP YOUR FEET MOVING. The ball will not come to you. You move to it.
8. SCRATCH YOUR BACK. (Not because it itches). A full racket motion especially in an overhead smash is the key to full power and racket accuracy in the shot.
7. FOLLOW THROUGH. This really applies to everything you do, including tennis. Jussayin.
6. NET-WORK. Professional. Social. Just Do It. You never know who you will meet, what you will learn and how many points you will score. Work it!
5. KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL. In life and on the courts, it’s com in’ at you, focus will help you be ready.
4. STAY LOOSE. Worry will take you down. Breathe. Believe. Repeat.
3. COMMUNICATE… and communicate well. It is the path to understanding and relationships.
2. EXPRESS YOURSELF. Connecting with your individual style will create comfort, confidence and a sense of you that no one else can achieve on or off the court. Your STYLE shows through in all aspects of you, not to mention feeling awesome in great looking tennis clothes!
1. BRING IT. Whatever your game. Whatever your ability. Success will come by simply bringing it! As they say, “If you never try, you will never know.” The first step in discovering your true potential.
Image source: New York Times