Sometimes You Have to “ZIP IT” To Succeed
7 Things You WON’T Hear Successful People Say:
1. I’m completely overwhelmed: They manage the “demand” side of their lives, and say “no” to requests that don’t align with their priorities and values. On the “supply” side, they manage their energy by taking care of themselves.
2. I’m not ready: Successful people know that no one ever feels completely ready to embark on a new project or challenge. Success comes when you begin taking steps in the direction you want to go and build your confidence along the way.
3. I’m not lucky, I never win, or things never go my way: Successful people know they create their own good luck and opportunities.
"Avoidance Translates into Unpreparedness"
Both good luck and new opportunities come from preparedness — taking the right steps in the direction you want to go while maintaining a realistic optimism.
4. I’m not smart enough, skinny enough etc., or I don’t have enough education, certifications, etc.: Successful people don’t let their weaknesses get in the way of reaching their dreams. They focus on their strengths and using those strengths to make the biggest impact.
5. It’s “so-and-so’s” fault, or I can’t because he/she won’t let me: True success can only be achieved through personal responsibility and accepting things as they are, not as we wish they were. In order to move out of the victim mindset, you must begin to take responsibility for your life.
6. I have to do everything, and I have to do it myself: Successful people know they don’t have to do everything. Feeling like you have to do everything drains your energy, and actually keeps you from focusing on your priorities.
7. I could never charge that much or ask for a high salary: Successful people understand the value of their skills and their time and are willing to ask for what they’re worth. They are confident in their ability to deliver value and results for their clients or employer.
Source: Huffington Post
Image Source: ksmlifecoaching.com